Sunday, March 27, 2011

Gary Null

This weekend, while I was at the farm, Gary Null was a talk of the town as the Farm brought like-minded members together. I was very excited about it all of course, and vaguely knew of Gary's talks on WBAI but beyond that was heresy in my mind. After looking through his web pages, (there are hundreds) I settled on the food pyramid. According to this formula, I should take in, 45 gm protein/day. After recording what I eat tomorrow, I'll tabulate the experiment (no meat here).

-Breakfast, 1 grapefruit (2g protein); 1 cup oatmeal (13g protein)

-Lunch, No-fish Taco: 1 tortilla with approx 4 oz of swiss cheese (28 gr protein), 1/2 c lentil sprouts (9 gr protein), and Mark Bittman's no-mayo cole slaw (1 gr protein), 1 cup orange juice (1 gr protein).

-Dinner, Asparagus, Spinach with sesame sauce and (2 gr protein), 1 cup basmati rice (5 gr protein).

61 grams of protein! Wow, granted the Swiss cheese was a big (and delicious) help.