Friday, March 15, 2013

Aspartame

Please take a moment to take up cause on restrictions of Aspartame here,

Aspartame in Milk

This is the FDA public comment period for allowing Aspartame into cow's milk as s sweetener.

My personal experience with Aspartame, in a nutshell,

If I eat something with aspartame in it, say diet Snapple, yogurt, gum, I get diarrhea. Plain and simple. If I eat, regular Snapple, yogurt w/out Aspartame (currently there are several, and it's clearly stated as an ingredient), or another sugar free gum-- my stomach is fine. This is one of the few foods/food additives that upsets my stomach. People, I write a food blog, where my GI tract is the laboratory. It's pretty resilient.

Take a look at the Aspartame issue and decide for yourself. Here are a few other sources reporting on the FDA/Aspartame response.Thank you.


  1. Gender dimorphism in aspartame-induced impairment of spatial cognition and insulin sensitivity. 
  2. Sensitivity in Children
  3. Coverage by the Washington Post
  4. Coverage by the Huffington Post